Premium Italian footwear brand Geox has entered into a retail and distribution arrangement with Delhi-based G&B Footcorp to set up its mono brand stores.
The company has chosen the distribution route rather than the foreign direct investment (FDI) mode to test water there. While footwear brand Clarks has a joint venture with Future Group, another footwear brand Pavers was the first to apply for a 100 percent FDI for single brand retailing.
Mumbai-based Shopper's Stop Ltd, a premier department store chain promoted by the K Raheja Corp Group, is planning to invest INR125 crore (INR1.25 billion, USD22.9 million) this year, to expand its various brands of retail stores. The company is planning to add around 20 stores across its brands during the period, said a senior executive from the company.
Tokyo-based fashion retailer Toyoshima has purchased a 5 percent stake in Trisula International, an Indonesian textile producer and clothing retailer, as the Japanese company aims to increase its Indonesian imports.
Trisula is also an operator of 230 fashion stores that sell brands like Jack Nicklaus, G2000 and JOBB. Lisa Tjahjadi, president director of Trisula, said that the company will spend up to IDR8 billion (USD821,777) to open 40 new stores this year.
Indonesia is becoming a preferential place for glossy Asian fashion and lifestyle brands seeking to showcase their merchandise.
Within a month, two large Japanese retailers, Fast Retailing Co. Ltd., the brand owner of UNIQLO, and AEON MALL Co. Ltd., have established their presence by setting up flagship stores there.
Two other big department stores from Indonesia's immediate neighbours, Parkson Retail Asia, headquartered in Malaysia, and Thailand-based Central Retail Corporation (CRC), are already looking to open their first stores there next year.
Supermarket chain Puregold Price Club Inc. has beefed up anew its portfolio as it acquires Mega Manila-based chains Eunilaine and Grocer E.
The 15 newly-acquired supermarket branches in strategic areas will be rebranded into Puregold groceries, a company official said.
In a disclosure to the stock exchange, Puregold said it acquired 100 percent of the four operating Eunilaine foodmarts and 11 operating Grocer E supermarts from Company E Corp. The purchase cost was not disclosed.
Italian outerwear brand Peuterey Group SpA owns stores in Milan, Rome, Cortina, Berlin, and Antwerp. Their next stop is Shanghai. A store for men's and women's collections and a second exclusively for children's will open at Takashimaya in Shanghai this week. As part of this venture, Peuterey has also opened an office in Beijing with a subsidiary in Shanghai to manage business in Asia.
Mumbai-based Maxwell Industries Ltd., that manufactures men's and women's inner wear and lingerie, is set to foray in Gujarat with its exclusive retail store "Inners" soon. The company, known for its flagship brand "VIP", will set up its exclusive inner wear store in Ahmedabad within next 3-4 months.
Reliance Retail is not just the largest retailer in India in terms of revenues, but is also the biggest in most of the categories it operates in. With 1,000 stores, Reliance Digital has become the largest consumer durables and electronics retail chain in the country. Tata-owned Croma runs 97 stores while Videocon's durables chain, Next, owns about 800 stores. Reliance Industries gave out its retail figures in the financial results for the quarter ended March 2015 on Friday.
Global Fashion Group, a fashion e-commerce group formed by five emerging market fashion sites Dafiti, Lamoda, Jabong, Zalora and Namshi, on Wednesday named Romain Voog as CEO and Nils Chrestin as CFO.
Voog and Chrestin will be responsible for the overall strategic and operational development of GFG as well as the various group functions.
Retailer Lawson Inc. and logistics company SG Holdings Co. are to begin a delivery service under a new alliance pitched at time-deprived workers and seniors.
Lawson, a Tokyo-based convenience store operator, said on Tuesday that it will take a 51 percent stake in the new company to be created in June, with Kyoto-based SG Holdings, which runs Sagawa Express Co., holding the remaining 49 percent.