Online Retailing

Market early mover: HK's Hocusadabra launches online children's store

A new online bazaar called Hocusadabra is one of Asia's early-movers into the e-store segment for children.

The store is an online collection of creatively and consciously curated products from all over the globe that "care for, entertain and educate" children.  The concept is built around an initiative to support independent designers and artists who use sustainable materials to produce beautifully crafted educational children’s products.

Thailand's e-commerce worth USD22.57b and growing

Bangkok Post

Thailand's e-commerce market is forecast to top 1 trillion baht in 2016, driven by the rise of smart devices, the entry of foreign vendors and the government's commitment to the digital economy, says the Commerce Ministry.

Thailand's e-commerce will continue to thrive for years to come," Pawoot Pongvitayapanu, president of the Thai E-Commerce Association, said on Monday to open the Business Development Department's Thailand Online Mega Sale event, which runs through Dec 30.

Brand owners aware of digital strategy

Shanghai Daily

Chinese brand owners can't afford to ignore digitalisation as China's online retail sales may grow 25 percent annually through 2018, three times faster than traditional retail, Bain & Co said on Wednesday.

An efficient infrastructure, investment from innovative major online players and Chinese consumers’ growing demand for online and mobile shopping have helped the country's online retail sector boom, said the consulting firm's new report, Riding the Digital Wave in China.

Mobile shopping to double China’s e-commerce market by 2020

Increasing smartphone ownership and investment from retailers are fuelling the rapid growth of m-commerce in China.

New research from OC&C Strategy Consultants Greater China reveals that mobile shopping in the country is expected to drive total e-commerce growth to CNY5 trillion (USD) by 2020.

The research show that smartphone penetration in China has risen from near zero in 2007 to around 30 percent of the population today and mobile is becoming the de facto device for online shopping.

Australia no longer sweet spot for Asos

The Sydney Morning Herald Online

Australia was once Asos' largest market outside Britain. In 2012, the British online fashion retailer was flying four jumbo jets of clothing to this country each week.

But Asos revealed this week international sales, comprising 57 percent of its total sales, were down 2 percent in the first quarter to GBP145.5 million (USD228.6m).

And "rest of world" sales, of which Australia is estimated to comprise half, fell by 6 percent to GP58.5 million in the three months ended November 30.

EBay wants more of Telkom online store

Jakarta Globe

US online sales giant eBay is seeking to increase its ownership in Metra Plasa, a joint venture with Telekomunikasi Indonesia that focuses on e-commerce business, Telkom's acting chief said on Monday.

Metra Plasa, the operator of local e-commerce site, is 60 percent controlled by Multimedia Nusantara, a subsidiary of Telkom, while the remaining 40 percent is owned by eBay.

Alipay report: China e-commerce continues to shift to mobile

With ongoing advances in mobile Internet technology, e-commerce in China continues to shift from desktop PCs to smartphones and other mobile devices, a new report released by China's largest online payment service provider Alipay showed.

Nuance opens online duty free shop in Bengaluru

Nuance recently opened an online duty free shop for passengers passing through Kempegowda International Airport, Bengaluru.

For the first time in India, shoppers may now pre-order online and collect duty-free products at the airport. The shopping portal offers all products available at the store and caters to the busy, tech-savvy passengers, which Nuance said constitute majority of international travelers at the Kempegowda International Airport

Survey: People still careless in online transactions

Nearly a third of users are still careless when making online transactions, which poses for banks and e-payment systems, according to a survey conducted by Kaspersky Lab and B2B International.

Cybercriminals are not only interested in bank card numbers, login credentials for online banking and e-payment accounts are also firmly in their sights. Yet 31 percent of respondents admitted they paid little attention to the security levels of the sites where they enter their personal or financial data.

India's Snapdeal launches specialty online store for the differently abled

India’s online marketplace Snapdeal has launched a specialty online to cater to the special needs of persons with disabilities for the International Day of People with Disability.

The Rehab and Support Store is the first of its kind virtual store in India aimed at providing accessibility to differently abled people for a convenient shopping experience.

Syndicate content